- Saturday, July 31st – I noticed that my two Rumparooz (purchased December 2009) were delaminating. Sent an email to customer service late that night.
- Sunday August 1st – Received an email acknowledging the issue and asking for receipts, forms & photos, which I sent the same night. Received an auto reply saying that my replacement diapers would be sent within 48 business hours.
- Saturday August 7th – Received an email asking for photos of the diapers right side out.
- Sunday August 8th – Sent requested photo (claim form didn’t indicate these were needed but I obliged.) Indicated in my email that the photo didn’t have the claim form in it, but I could see if it was still in my recycle bin, or print another if needed. Received auto reply.
- Wednesday August 11th – Received perplexing email requesting very similar information to what I was originally asked for. Except, this didn’t include the form, indicated I’d need to mail the diapers back, and had additional info on diapers that should not be sent, including ones with contrast lycra tabs (which one of mine was.) The reason given was that these diapers were not affected, but clearly, mine was. Responded expressing my confusion and was told this was not intended to be sent to me. So it appears that there is a new process for handling these claims now. Not sure why it said none of the lycra tab diapers were affected when mine was.
- Wednesday August 11th a few minutes later – Received a reply that the form didn’t need to be in this photo and that they ask for additional photos from time to time.
- Tuesday August 17th – Received an email stating that my replacement diapers would be sent out the next day.
- Friday August 20th – Two brand new Rumparooz in my hot little hands!
This was my first time receiving something directly from Rumparooz, so I thought their Eco Enclose packaging was pretty cool! It is 100% compostable/biodegradable, but looks just like other poly mailers.
I knew that they had changed the tabs around the time I purchased the two I have (my snap closure diaper doesn’t have the contrast tabs, and they were purchased within days of each other.) It also looks like they improved the aplix, which is awesome! I really didn’t like it because I felt it was a little too “sticky.” The tabs are slightly different and the laundry tabs appear to be improved as well. edit: Ah yes, the closures and laundry tabs are so much better!
So there you have it, phew!