We love our Kissaluvs Wool Lover diaper cover, so when some readers told me they’d like to see me review wipes and wipe solution, I immediately thought of Kissaluvs. I had looked at their diaper lotion potion and premium wipes several times, but hadn’t tried either.
I was hoping to review the wipes and lotion potion, but then I saw the Marvels one size all-in-one diaper. Kissaluvs sent me one for free to try and review, and one reader gets one (their choice of color!) as well! The colors are: Butter (with yellow inner), Raspberry (with Pink), Kelly Green (with Yellow) and Summer Sky (with White). They retail for $22.95, which is the middle of the road price wise.
You’ll have to forgive me for some of these pictures. It was really sunny and I was having a hard time getting enough light but not too much! I know I could edit them but I think you’d rather read a review with a couple of washed out pictures than read nothing because I’m busy trying to edit the pictures. Tee hee.
Generally speaking, an all-in-one diaper (AIO) will look pretty much the same as a pocket diaper except the soaker is sewn into the diaper. The Goodmama One is an exception to that, it has a snap-in soaker. Like a pocket diaper, an AIO has a waterproof outer or hidden layer, usually PUL. They also usually have a stay-dry inner made of microfleece or suedecloth. I like AIO diapers for their ease of use, but they take longer to dry and are harder to get clean. So why was I so interested in the Marvels?
The pocket also allows you to add additional inserts if needed. The opening is wide enough for easy use, but not gaping open.
The Marvels have the snap down rise adjustment, which is my preference for a one-size diaper. They aren’t too difficult to undo, but I didn’t have any trouble accidentally popping them open either.
The wing snaps are easy-peasy too. There are just two snaps on each wing, I prefer it, and I get a lot less complaining from my hubby.
There are two overlap snaps for smaller babies. The guidelines for this diaper are 7-35 pounds (varies by baby as always of course!) and I do think this is likely to fit smaller babies better than other one-size diapers.
The large setting is about the same size as the medium on the Flip. No fear though, it’s really just because the leg elastic is drawn a bit tighter.
When I fully stretched them, they were about the same size.
The small setting is pretty small though!
It doesn’t seem bulky, even on the small setting.
I can’t get over how soft the diaper is. Not just the inner, but the PUL too!
I didn’t have any issues with marks from the leg elastic, but we also had no leaks.
After washing, it was less work than a pocket diaper, since I didn’t have to find the matching soaker, then make sure I had it in far enough (but not too far!) and laid flat. However, I did have to flip the diaper right side out and then smooth the insert flat. So, it’s not quite as easy as a sewn in soaker.
I really ended up liking this more than I thought I would. It looks so basic, but it’s so soft and easy to use!
I didn’t get to try the premium or hemp wipes, but Kissaluvs did send me some of their “awesome knit terry wipes.”
At $1.25 each, they are more affordable than other wipes, but they are really, very basic wipes. They are single thickness and feel like thin washcloths. They are a bit larger than baby washcloths (8 x 8), but they curl up after washing just like our cheap Target brand baby washcloths do. Maybe I’m spoiled by other wipes now, but I don’t think I would buy these, I’d save my money for nicer ones, like their premium wipes (those are $2.00 each.) I will certainly use them though, they do the job!
Now, want to win a Kissaluvs Marvels one size all-in-one diaper? Kissaluvs is sending one to a lucky blog reader, in the winner’s choice of color!
Here’s how to enter:
Be sure to leave your email address in a comment if it isn’t in your profile.
1. Visit Kissaluvs and tell me either what product you’d like to try or what product you wish Kissaluvs made.
2. Follow my blog, current followers count. Comment saying you’re a follower to get your entry.
3. Like me on Facebook, current likers count. Comment saying you’re a fan/liker (can’t get used to that!) to get your entry.
4. Follow me on Twitter, current followers count. Comment saying you’re a follower to get your entry.
5. Tweet about this giveaway. Be sure to include @kissaluvs and @chgdiapers. You can use this example “If you love #clothdiapers enter this #giveaway from @chgdiapers for a @kissaluvs Marvels AIO before 5/19 http://bit.ly/d9OqVB”
6. Like Kissaluvs on Facebook. Comment saying you’re a fan/liker to get your entry.
7. Follow Kissaluvs on Twitter. Comment saying you’re a follower to get your entry.
8. Blog about Kissaluvs and/or this blog or giveaway. Just spread the fluffy love, you don’t have to be all like “Golly gee wilikers mister, I sure would like this diaper!” Hee hee.
9. Bonus Entries Review a Kissaluvs product you’ve tried and liked on Amazon, on diaperpin or on the review tab of Kissaluvs Facebook page. One entry per review, leave a link to your review in a comment to get your entry.
I will accept entries until Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 at 9:00 P.M. EST. I’ll use random.org’s true random number generator and will email the winner. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to claim his/her prize.
Thank you to Kissaluvs for sending me a Marvels diaper and terry wipes at no charge. I’ve reviewed them both the same way I would have if I had paid for them. Thank you also for agreeing to send a blog reader a Marvels AIO as well.