HappyBaby products are all organic and 100% natural with no pesticides, no chemical fertilizers, no genetic modification, and no preservatives. All of their packaging is BPA free and phthalate-free, recyclable and earth-friendly! HappyBaby works with Project Peanut Butter, and every package purchased contributes to the effort.I’ve talked about Happy Baby Food’s puffs and yogurt melts before, but they have a lot more than that! HappyBaby sent me coupons for the HappyPuffs, HappyMelts, HappyBellies cereal, HappyBites, HappyBaby Frozen and HappyTot pouches.
The puffs, cereal and yogurt melts are available to me locally at Target, my grocery store, ToysRUs and my local organic market. To find the other items, I made my first trip to Whole Foods (2 1/2 hours round trip), but I still couldn’t find the pouches!
I do wish the bags were recloseable.
The chicken bites and fish bites said to bake at 400 for 8 minutes; the mac + cheese take 15 minutes.
I popped all 3 in the oven and planned to take the chicken and fish out, and leave the mac + cheese in for another 7 minutes, but when I took them out, they were still frozen almost completely solid! After a total of nearly 20 minutes, they were heated through.
The HappyBites have “hidden” vegetables like chick peas, cauliflower, butternut squash and potato (varies based on the product.)
The mac + cheese was like baked shells and cheese in patty form.
My son absolutely inhaled the chicken bites; I couldn’t break them into bite size pieces fast enough. They had a crispy exterior and a creamy interior the consistency of stiff mashed potatoes.
The salmon stix were my husband’s favorite. I thought they smelled like crab cakes as they were baking, and he commented that with a firmer interior, they would taste like it too. He thought they were a little bland, but this is coming from “Mr. Hot Sauce.” I thought they were mild tasting enough that kids would like them, but had enough flavor to exercise their little palates. I reminded him that he wasn’t their target audience!
My 5-year old daughter was being a brat acting like a 5-year old and claimed not to like any of it. She was just angling to get dinner over with so she could go camping.
Prices seem to vary a bit depending on where you go. Where we live, the yogurt melts are $3.29-$3.69, puffs $2.79-$3.29, cereal around $3.79. The HappyBaby frozen were $4.69 and the HappyBites were $4.99-$5.99.
I haven’t been able to find the pouches. Whole Foods is supposed to have the best selection of HappyBaby, but they only had other brands of pouch baby food. I could have sworn I saw them at ToysRUs, but they were another brand as well.
I’ll continue to choose HappyBaby food for their “no junk” promise, tasty organic products, BPA free packaging and social responsibility. I’m hoping that more stores will carry their products so it will be easier to find!
Want to try some? HappyFamily is sending an awesome package to one lucky blog reader. (Value is well over $40, depends on your store’s prices of course!) It includes:
2 free trial coupons for each of their products: HAPPYBABY, HAPPYBELLES, HAPPYBABYPUFFS, HAPPYMELTS, HAPPYBITES
1 FAQ on Probiotics & DHA
1 Nutrition Guide, co-authored by Dr. Sears
1 HAPPYFAMILY Recipes
Here’s how to enter: (entries 2-8 are optional and you may do as few or as many as you like.)
1. Visit HappyBabyFood and have a look around. Leave me a comment with what product looks tastiest to you.
2. Follow my blog publicly. Comment saying you do to get your entry.
3. Fan me on Facebook. Comment saying you’re a fan to get your entry.
4. Fan HappyFamily on Facebook. Comment saying you’re a fan to get your entry. I would appreciate it if you left a comment on their wall telling them you’re visiting from my blog, but it’s not required.
5. Follow me on Twitter. Comment saying you follow to get your entry.
6. Follow HappyBabyFood on Twitter. Comment saying you follow to get your entry.
7. Tweet about this giveaway. Be sure to include @chgdiapers and @happybabyfood in your tweet. One tweet per day. Comment with a link to your tweet to get your entry. You may use this tweet if you like: @chgdiapers has a @happybabyfood #giveaway until 6/9 http://bit.ly/bDVxth #organic #babyfood
8. Blog about this giveaway and be sure to link back here. Leave a comment with a link to your blog post to get your entry.
Open to residents of the U.S. only, I’ll accept entries until Wednesday, June 9th, 2010 at 9:00 P.M., EST.
I’ll select a winner using random.org’s true random number generator and contact the winner by email. Please leave your email address in a comment if it isn’t in your profile. If I can’t contact you I will choose another winner.
Thank you to HappyFamily for providing the free product coupons for the review and giveaway. The freebies in no way affected my review.