I received this cover as part of my cloth diaper club shipment, which I paid for. Up On The Hill is providing the giveaway prize. First, I need to apologize for the terrible photos. It was just me & the little guy for a week, and I had to take the pictures on the counter with him pulling on my leg, or not at all, LOL. I received this one-size Rumparooz cover in my latest Up On the Hill mystery club shipment, and UOTH agreed to sponsor a giveaway to go along with my review!
Rumparooz Lil Joeys are eeny-teeny, snap closure AIO newborn diapers. They are sold in 2-packs for $29.95. Most retailers sell them in packs of 2 of the same color, but Diaper Junction (affiliate link) allows you to choose two different colors.
It was hard to choose from 12 colors and 6 prints, but I chose lazy lime and platinum.
These are some of the tiniest newborn diapers I have seen, plus they have an umbilical cord snap down. I’d expect them to fit all but the smallest babies. They are estimated to fit from preemie/4 lbs up to 6 months/12 lbs.
They are smaller than even the smallest setting of the Rumparooz one-size diapers.
The umbilical cord snap down can of course be used unsnapped as well!
The inner is super soft, with the same gussets the one-size has. It’s much narrower to fit tiny babies without added bulk.
The sewn in soaker does make the diaper a bit on the fluffy side!
Here are the measurements (folded and stretched with the snap down snapped and unsnapped):
My model for now:
In a preemie disposable and the Rumparooz snapped down:
Newborn disposable and the Rumparooz unsnapped:
It even fits around his tiny chicken legs.
Naturally, my model isn’t a heavy wetter, so I can’t speak on the absorbency. I actually think this would be a great diaper for the newborn baby photo ops. There are so many colors available and they are just so.darn.cute. At under $15 each, they’re also not the most expensive newborn diapers out there. See this on my newborn.
FTC compliance: I paid normal retail prices for the above items. I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own. This review is not sponsored, endorsed or approved by any cloth diaper company or retailer.
Rumparooz makes doll diapers when they have enough PUL to make a batch. I couldn’t resist, and I snagged two for my daughter. I had the urge to buy one in each color, but at $4 a pop, I had to just get the Tulip and Amethyst.
They fit really well on The Baby Alive Baby All Gone (I think that’s what it’s called?) and looked adorable!
It didn’t fit quite as well on the Bitty Baby, but then again, she’s a little funny shaped. I know, that girl needs a trip to the doll hospital. She’s missing eyelashes and her eye stays closed, plus she has paint on the back of her head from being banged against the wall!
I would love to see Rumparooz make a diaper with a sewn in soaker and laundry tabs, so it could be used with dolls that wet. I think something like that would definitely be worth $4 each. I thought the price was a little steep for these, considering I paid the same for the custom cloth diapers for Baby Alive last year. Then again, I’m
Did you grab any of the Rumparooz Doll diapers? What colors did you get? What do you think of them?
- Saturday, July 31st – I noticed that my two Rumparooz (purchased December 2009) were delaminating. Sent an email to customer service late that night.
- Sunday August 1st – Received an email acknowledging the issue and asking for receipts, forms & photos, which I sent the same night. Received an auto reply saying that my replacement diapers would be sent within 48 business hours.
- Saturday August 7th – Received an email asking for photos of the diapers right side out.
- Sunday August 8th – Sent requested photo (claim form didn’t indicate these were needed but I obliged.) Indicated in my email that the photo didn’t have the claim form in it, but I could see if it was still in my recycle bin, or print another if needed. Received auto reply.
- Wednesday August 11th – Received perplexing email requesting very similar information to what I was originally asked for. Except, this didn’t include the form, indicated I’d need to mail the diapers back, and had additional info on diapers that should not be sent, including ones with contrast lycra tabs (which one of mine was.) The reason given was that these diapers were not affected, but clearly, mine was. Responded expressing my confusion and was told this was not intended to be sent to me. So it appears that there is a new process for handling these claims now. Not sure why it said none of the lycra tab diapers were affected when mine was.
- Wednesday August 11th a few minutes later – Received a reply that the form didn’t need to be in this photo and that they ask for additional photos from time to time.
- Tuesday August 17th – Received an email stating that my replacement diapers would be sent out the next day.
- Friday August 20th – Two brand new Rumparooz in my hot little hands!
This was my first time receiving something directly from Rumparooz, so I thought their Eco Enclose packaging was pretty cool! It is 100% compostable/biodegradable, but looks just like other poly mailers.
I knew that they had changed the tabs around the time I purchased the two I have (my snap closure diaper doesn’t have the contrast tabs, and they were purchased within days of each other.) It also looks like they improved the aplix, which is awesome! I really didn’t like it because I felt it was a little too “sticky.” The tabs are slightly different and the laundry tabs appear to be improved as well. edit: Ah yes, the closures and laundry tabs are so much better!
So there you have it, phew!