Is Detergent Build Up Real?
Before we get into it, here’s a quick summary if you don’t have time to read the whole post (I do recommend clicking my links to see what I was saying a decade ago as well!)
Best ways to wash cloth diapers
- Today’s detergents are very concentrated; you may not need as much as you think
- However, cloth diapers are heavily soiled laundry, treat it that way!
- Detergent that works well on your family’s laundry should be fine for cloth diapers
- Try to wash every 2-3 days
- Don’t pack the washer full!
Why do I care about cloth diaper detergent?
Cloth diaper detergents and washing cloth diapers have always been subjects near and dear to my heart. One of the first posts I wrote on this blog in 2009 talked about how the myth of needing special cloth diaper detergents prevented me from using cloth diapers from birth with my second child.